2015 was an interesting year for the packaging design industry. In this article, Lisa McTigue Pierce from Packaging Digest sums up the top 5 packaging design insights of 2015.
5. Increase Brand Awareness Through Functional Creativity
- New edible packages, easy to open boxes, self-heating egg cradles, and coffee brewer bags are just some of the interesting concepts that emerged in 2015. For more information see Packaging Digest's article: "6 New Directions in Packaging Materials and Design"
4. Sweet and Tasty Packaging is Trending
- Whether it was celebrities or movies, high power branding is in for the sweet and tasty snacks category. New product combos were all the rage too. View the entire slideshow from the Sweets & Snacks Expo: "Sweet and Tasty Packaging Trends on Display"
3. Top Consumer Packaging Criticisms Delt With Function
- The voice of the consumer is still alive and well when it comes to packaging. We all want to create packaging that grab attention and speak quality but don't forget about function. Consumers biggest packaging complaints in 2015 dealt with misfunctions.
2. Beverage Packaging Breakthroughs
- 2015 may have been the year of the beverage. It seemed like everyone in this space was innovating and trying to create value for their consumers. Packaging Digest showcased "10 Beverage Packaging Breakthroughs That Get Touchy-Feely With Consumers"
1. Anheuser-Busch Hits Homerun with Oculto Beer
- It was a surprise number one but well earned. AB developed this new product with a number of "firsts" in packaging. They used metallic fiberboard for the multi-pack carton as well as temperature and black light sensitive ink to display hidden messages in different environments. The beer became a huge hit at high-end night clubs and restaurants. For more on the unique innovation of Oculto: "Mysterious Oculto Beer Serves On Package Surprises"
Inspired by www.packagingdigest.com